Wednesday, August 17, 2005

What a day

Nothing happened to me. I was safely tucked up in bed. But today has been very difficult. My children are amongst the best and I think today they proved it. I told Mini what had happened and she was so sweet and supportive. You're not supposed to be confronted by your Mum crying, are you? Mega managed to stay in bed until 2.30pm (well, he is 15). He realised I was having a bad day without knowing why. And when I told him, he was just as wonderful as Mini.

I went for a run this evening. It was helpful in a way to run with friends who didn't know what had been going on. Only did 6.7 miles and they were hard. It was one of those runs where my legs disagreed with my hrm. We ran briefly in Richmond Park which always helps to calm me. I picked up a huge pine cone found on a road along the way and took it home to my appreciative nature-loving gang. And the lovely duo had done the washing-up, just like I'd asked.

Yesterday, got a text from eldest brother "Mum and Dad booked to go on Med cruise in May!!!" with the implication that it's all my fault and whatever happens I'll get the blame!!!! And favourite brother sent message to say he and g/f approve of BF {phew}.


Having a quick chat with Mini as she went to bed, she said "And how are you now?". She's not bad for a 12 year old.

Spoke to BF late on, once he'd got home from a long long run and feeding session. He sounded a lot better and was upbeat about the run. This distance thing is such a pain.

No comments: