Monday, August 08, 2005

Sunday on my own

How odd. Woke up on my own. Well, apart from the text message beeping at me. How to plan a positive day and not mope about? Had already decided I needed to do a long run and visit the shed at the club in preparation for the relay races I'm in charge of on Tuesday. So, slightly later than planned, cycled up to club and then did 15 mile run! Managed to forget that starting a long run at 11.20 means you return even later....

Lovely run in Richmond Park, once again. But this week frantically busy, bliddy cyclists of all ages all over the place. Tell me, why do parents think it's ok to let junior abandon his bike in the middle of a shared use path with other cyclists speeding through and the odd runner trying to make their way past??? And why did I have to hurdle the occasional dog ambling by, off-lead of course? Saw a heron, absolutely still, in the 'top pond' on my run. Was buzzed by a couple of huge things that looked like dragon flies. And the parrots were about too. Saw three bassett hounds being walked, aww they were lovely! Like real dogs with their legs chopped off!

Megawomble rang early this evening, from Peru. I only spoke to Mini yesterday. Sounds like they're really enjoying it. Back to Macchu Pichu today, this time by bus instead of hiking ('steep' said the reporter). And they're off for a few days in a jungle. Ooooooohhh!

Then I thought I'd ring my Mother. What a bad idea. Her younger brother is going through chemo but with no positive outcome likely. Lots of 'stuff' going on, including half a gallon of alcohol I suspect. Warned one of my brothers......

And me? Today my head is not exploding. I'm feeling calmer, thank goodness. Had a couple of nice warm phone calls. But I know this week is going to be really long. Roll on Saturday.

2 comments:

Cath Delaney said...

head not exploding is a good thing innit..?

Or maybe not. Maybe it's better when the head has already exploded long ago and there's nowt left to be explode-y about..?

;o)

Cath Delaney said...

and I can't believe you've set our web page as the official wombles web page - excellent!

:o)