Monday, so it was work again. Awoke with a start, totally confused, didn't know what day it was or whether I should be getting up. Was 05.44. Sussed that it was Monday and there was a gym induction to be done at 8am. Of course, the inductee showed late so we didn't start until 8.15, he'd never used a gym before, was young but quite unfit with French as his first language...... I earned my money today!
The 'day job' was slightly confused as I'd left my 'book' at home, you know the one that has all your notes and lists and hints of what you did the last time you were in the office....? I've developed a capacity to completely forget about work even overnight, let alone a 3 day weekend, so I had to use e-mail as my guide. Found out last week that my six month contract is being extended to Xmas but I won't become permanent after that (hmmmm wonder if there's any link there?). Was quite a relief! And big thanks to the person who put up with the full 'download' of the Mother story on msn when I was supposed to be working.
Loads of people at the club this evening, including quite a few new folk. Took the snails out for a hill session - I believe in treating them like runners! We did 3.7 miles with real work in it, so was proud of them all. Team stretching afterwards too (in a team not of a team - doh). Then faffing about after to make sure that we're all sorted for the inter-club relays that we host tomorrow night. Did I mention my alter-ego of Race Director?
Then today's warm huggy phone call. Must remember to re-dial after the first hour, otherwise going to be stiffed by BT Retail! My new 'Best Friend'. Only 233.3 miles away {sigh}

No comments:
Post a Comment