Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Perspectives

I don't have a religion. I respect other people's rights to have their own beliefs and I hope they respect my position too. However, no-one should expect to die while celebrating their faith at a festival. Yet that happened to hundreds of men, women and children in Iraq today. Whatever you might think of the 'war' in Iraq, the country and its people have surely suffered enough? Yet will there be a fund set up to help the bereaved families? Will we be subject to never-ending stories of the 'recovery' from the tragedy? I suspect not. It's Iraq, isn't it? Not the southern states of the USA where a predicted storm swept through the richest nation in the world.

Hmmmm.

Sometimes, life is not that bad when you lift your head and look about.

2 comments:

beanz said...

yes, I was thinking something similar as the two news items appeared

womble said...

Sometimes I just get very angry......