That's the relays over for another year! My running club hosts an inter-club relay each August in a local country park. Very friendly, bit of socialising afterwards and the prizes are bottles of wine. Such a shame runners tend not to drink...... So this evening, the weather was lovely, no-one walked their horses up the path while the race was on, there were 38 teams (30 last year) and my spreadsheet did what it was supposed to so the results were ready and accurate pretty damn quickly. Oh, what's that you said? Why is it so important to me? I's the Race Director for the club. That's all. This is a mere ripple compared to organising our 10k in February mind you.
No running today, but I cycled just under 12 miles to get to the relays and back. Heavily laden with comestibles on the way there, I should mention. Not forgetting the laptop too. And no, I wasn't wearing my bliddy garmin or HRM. It's transport not exercise! (But I might put it in my training book as cross-training).
No news on the Mother front, although I noticed far too late last night that she had tried to ring me yesterday evening.
The shuttle landed. Hadn't really taken in how many people were watching/listening to it happening. I had a kind of 'so what' approach to it all. They usually succeed, sometimes they don't.
Still missing my Best Friend. Like mad. Absolutely aching for a big hug and a smile and to be together.
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Saturday is only 3 days away now!!!
:-D
[up chuck]
;o)
Oh...
(just kidding!)
;o)
((womble))
look after your best friend please
Thanks, Beanz. Yes, I intend to :o)
Post a Comment