Fab day leads to exploding head. How come? I wish I knew what the future held and then use Dr Who's time machine to get there if that's what I wanted. At the moment, there is certainty and a complete lack of it too.
And what has been going on, out there? Paula Radcliffe ran the 10,000m in the World Champs and came 9th or so, but still sub-31minutes. Blimey, how many of us would worry about that? I'd love to be able to do one lap at 74 seconds........ let alone 25. Mind you, I wonder if she ever has to run for 4 hours like some of us mere mortals? I did 8.02 miles last night. The middle section with some people from the club instead of our hill session, and all of it with one person. Was pleased that HR seemed lower than I expected for my perceived effort. Supposed to be marathon training. I'll be ok on the distance but my target time is looking iffy, I think.
Robin Cook, MP and former minister, died aged only 59. Now I always thought he looked unhealthy. Mind you, I could never understand his apparent attraction to women. Perhaps it was the power thing. It's a shame whenever anyone dies before their time, and these days 59 seems young.
Outside, it's been nice weather today. Even ate brunch in the garden. This time last year, Paul and Lauren had arrived and we were in the middle of a massive heatwave! I realise I miss Paul, it was great having her visit. She says she'll be back for the Olympics. I should see her before then, though! Most likely in March next year, if everything goes to plan. And I miss the children. They've been away for two weeks now. I'm sure they're having a whale of a time.
Sunday, August 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment