Wednesday, September 14, 2005

So I've still got a job

Until 09 December. Then I haven't. Fancy not even keeping me on until the end of the month. I won't be rude or stereotypical about the Scots. No. After all, I had a lovely time at their run a couple of weekends back.

As it was club night I went out for a run. Pottered around a 6.8 mile loop by the river which is quite nice although a bit midgy in places. Rather sweaty when we got back despite modest pace, but it was dark. Almost mid-September and dark so early. I like the Summer for the long evenings. This is so depressing. It'll be dark in the mornings again soon, and then it'll be back to nocturnal worker mode, never seeing daylight except through an office window. Until 10 December....

So, what to do? Well, I e-mailed a friend at another company to see if they might want some help. I also started thinking seriously (again...) about trying my hand at personal training. I believe I could be good at it but not sure it's a viable full-time option given my financial commitments (mortgage, child maintenance, cat food to mention but three). Chatted briefly to chum at the club about website design stuff - he could do the techy bit and little bruv could do the flashy graphic designery bits. I do the clever content (avoiding use of any of the following!).

Walking Jumping JacksPush Up Squats
Sit Up BarbellJumping Rope Running

Oh well, something to think about. While I'm thinking about other, far more interesting things.

5 comments:

Cath Delaney said...

that potentially good news perchance..? You know, the stuff you're not telling us for now..?

;o)

womble said...

Nothing to do with bliddy Scottish telecoms companies, if that's what you're asking ;o)

Cath Delaney said...

no... that is not what i was bliddy well asking and well you know it lady... but tis alright cos I squeezed it out of th'other half yesterday!

:op

womble said...

Hmmmmmmmm, I shall have to have words.........

Good isn't it, tho?


:o))))))))

beanz said...

oh come, on this isn't fair .....