Wednesday, September 07, 2005

But it hurts....

No running today Thumbs Down My knee is alright when I'm lounging about but as soon as I stand, it hurts. So I reckoned that running around might hurt even more, so perhaps I should rest so that it can mend. Took the dressing off so the air can get to it but all that's happened is the skirt (don't laugh) I've been wearing rubs on the sore bits when I walk Sick .

Not all bad today though. I actually stayed awake at work! Had a very long meeting this morning. Perhaps the realisation has dawned that I need someone else to offer me a new job with loadsa money from the New Year and they might just be there. I hate overtly 'networking' but I think I'm going to have to make myself do it. I've managed to get my two contracts so far by people approaching me but that can't go on forever, can it??? And I refuse to work full-time again. Life is more important than that. It's taken me an awful long time to realise it but being off with stress, two years ago now, brought it home to me. There are other things - and especially people (stand up BF, Mega and Mini) - that mean far more to me than work. If I can get a another part-time contract or even a permanent post where the pay is enough to live on, then I'll be happy. I'd be happier still with a complete change of 'career' to something I enjoy/love but that's a longer-term aspiration than paying the mortgage come January.

Hmmmm, January.

1 comment:

beanz said...

take care of yourself


this freelance, short term stuff can be scary at times