Monday, September 12, 2005

Meetings meetings meetings......

I work for a Scottish company but I'm based in London. This means a lot of the internal meetings I "attend" are conference calls. Today I had three conference calls. It's just not much fun guessing at why people are falling about laughing at the other of the line where they all are. Thankfully I have a headset otherwise I'd have had to sue for a permanently bent neck months ago. I've almost mastered the difference between the 'mute' button and the 'cut-you-off' button too now, which is helpful.
Split Screen

So this evening, what did I do? Oh, yes, another meeting..... The poor ol' Race Committee doesn't get much of a rest and I think we're now back to monthly meetings on the road to our 10k in February and the more important matter of the 'Mob Match' challenge with our local struggling rivals, which we're hosting in December. If you join a running club, don't ever ever ever get conned into joining any committee and especially not a race committee. It's a huge amount of work, no-one thanks you and someone is bound to moan about the queue for the loos, the colour of the t-shirt, their official time being 3 seconds different to their watch, the weather........

I believe we won a small trophy at cricket today too. I sent a text to my Australian friend and, six hours on, she still hasn't replied.

Vase 2

And then I get home again and spend half an hour on the phone. But this time it's someone I want to speak to! Is it too early to say "Roll on Friday"? Smile

Oh, and I promise I've finished putting up my photos from Iceland!


6 comments:

Leon said...

***** ROLL ON FRIDAY *****


:o)

Cath Delaney said...

Jeesh... an it was only MONDAY!!!

What are you guys like!!!

;o)
















(says me!)

;o)

Leon said...

Almost as bad as you two....














;o)

womble said...

Separated by long distance, that's what we're like.


;o)

Cath Delaney said...

Separated by long distance but not by heart Karen

:o)

womble said...

That is so very true.

Thanks

;o)