Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I got dem blues

Post-weekend blues, I think. Got up tired, yes I know I went to bed too late. But I couldn't face the idea of going to work, especially when I remembered they were moving my desk. So, I developed a gippy tummy and worked from 'home'. Except I was at the children's house. I managed a conference call and to prepare a slide presentation. Then I retired to bed for an afternoon nap having left a note for Mega warning him that I was in the house!

I read the blogs of some of my friends and am amazed at the things they do, the stuff they have to deal with and I'm ashamed at my self-pity and wallowing. Life is really good for me at the moment, and hopefully for a long time to come. But I still get these days where it's all murky and I want to curl up in a ball and hibernate. Perhaps I get S.A.D. really quickly, as soon as the evenings start to draw in? Anyway, day trip to Glasgow tomorrow, cab is coming at 05.30, so need to get arse into gear.

Anyone got a job I can have?

6 comments:

beanz said...

er, didn't you run a half on Sunday?


you are allowed to be tired

hope Glasgow is not too tiring

Leon said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGGGING YOU}}}}}}}}}}}}}

beanz said...

what kind of job anyway?

Cath Delaney said...

(((((((hugging you too))))))))

womble said...

Thanks, guys.

Beanz, yes but I went so slowly I don't think my body has noticed! My legs were definitely unaffected. On Monday's 'run' with the snails I didn't even warm up enough to stretch properly.

I think any ol' job will do at the moment :-(

Evil Pixie said...

err womble ... what's with the snails!! They is athletes in training you know!!

PS can you mail me cos I don't have your address and want to pick your brains!!
hehe