Sunday, September 11, 2005

I did it.....

I went running. Just when you thought I'd turned into a non-runner.... I went out this afternoon and did the Richmond Park figure-of-8 route which I ran recently with the gorgeous BF. Was a lot cooler than last Sunday and I didn't fall over. Not too many people out although a reasonable number of runners and cyclists. Amazing amount of erosion on the paths after all the rain, soft sand in some places so it was probably good for my legs. The squirrels were very busy dashing about on the ground, presumably starting to gather acorns and other goodies now they're falling off the trees. The goodies. Not the squirrels.

Squirrel

Been spending more time sorting out photos. Before I got a digital camera I had started getting them put onto CD, so I've been transferring loads of pictures onto my pc. I went to Iceland two years ago and going through the photos reminds me just what a fantastic place it is and how much I'd like to go back. There's even an ultra. Fortunately, it seems to clash with Trailwalker 2006. Phew.

How time passes. I hadn't even realised the significance of today's date. And when you think about how the world has changed since then..... It's not very often I'd say I wish we could go back in time, but perhaps this is one of them. One of my abiding thoughts of that day was "Remember this, the world is never going to be the same again."

5 comments:

beanz said...

love the phots

pleased you've found your running feet again

womble said...

I even ran it faster than with BF!!!!

Thanks :o)

Anonymous said...

Well done Womble!!

Top marks on getting out there and running again.

Those piccies of Iceland are stunning (loved the piccy of you jumping the stream - if it were me, I'd have fallen in!!!)

:o)

Leon said...

You know you've set a precedent now don't you.....
The next time we do that route.. it'll have to be that little bit quicker..

:o)

xx

womble said...

Time to find some new routes, I think!