This evening, while talking to a furry friend, I remembered that I hadn't actually told my parents the super GCSE news. Rang them and got my Dad. Now that usually means a bout of shouting ending in "I'll hand you over to your Mum". But this evening, I had a conversation with my Dad
. It was really good. My Mum was out. So I chatted to Dad about Megawomble's success and he told me that he's been going to the gym! And he's really enjoying it. Wow! Mum had had a GP referral to the local authority place but they didn't like it or the staff. Dad was inspired to continue though and has joined a 'private gym' up the road. Sounds great, he's paid for off-peak membership and is going 4-5 times a week and says he feels great when he's been! There's a pool which looks out over the Dorset countryside as does the gym. I don't talk to my Dad that much as it usually involves lots of shouting and wondering why he hasn't got his hearing aids plugged in. He was so animated and enthused. It was lovely. And kind of fulfilling in my (very) part-time life as a personal trainer.A bit of a downer too, though. My sister's dog died yesterday. It was her one and only work dog, a German Shepherd. I know she'll be really upset. It's no use me ringing her as we don't really talk that often. But what sort of card is there for such an event? She's going to take my parents to see my Mum's ailing brother next week too. A difficult time anyway and worse for her.
The weekend is going to be superb. I'm sure. I'm off to Glasgow tomorrow. There's a ceilidh in the evening which BF can't get to but we shall be together by the end of the day
. Then there's another social on Saturday evening with forum peeps and a Great Scottish R*n on Sunday. We're staying over to Monday when I shall 'work' in our Glasgow offices, then home eventually.... by Tuesday. So, not much blogging for a few days.......

3 comments:
have a great weekend!
Thanks, I'm sure we'll try :o)
Poor Charlie :o(
Post a Comment