A miscellany of thoughts today. (What's new?)
There was an item on the Today programme on Radio 4 this morning about the Harlequin Ladybird. It is apparently spreading like the proverbial wildfire. I can't find any update about it on the web though. Seems that if you chop the country into 10km squares, then south of a line between the Wash and Southampton, the little bug is in every square. Someone will have to tell me if the geography makes sense, I'm going by what I think I remember! Don't forget, you heard about it here first! Another item on the same programme was an interview with Abu Izzadeen. Now I don't think it matters what you think of someone's beliefs, you can still admire their passion and way they present their point of view. This was a brilliant interview, and I think he gave John Humphrys a real run for his money.
Most of you probably blog. So how do you feel about completing a questionnaire on the subject? It'll help some poor PhD student's research.
After yesterday's fuzzy feeling, today has been ok again. Wish I could persuade my guts to settle down too. I got my appointment through for the CT scan on the mystery cyst - 6 days before I'm off to Oz. It's at yet another local hospital! I'm trying them all this year, this'll be the fourth one.
I had strange other feelings today. Was a bit upset at some news. Thought about it. Tried to work out if I was being silly, over-reacting. For once, I have decided to go with how I feel. Not with logic. Unlike me, I know, but I'm trying it.
Oh, nearly forgot the really important news!!! My new bicycle is arriving on Monday evening! Little bruv is taking delivery of it at work and bringing it round. I bought the bits to go on it - lights, rack, mudguards and a new lock (f**king heavy duty jobbie this time) - today on the way home. This time next week, I might have tried cycling to work. And back. 13 miles each way.
Friday, September 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
that sounds good
less black
you get more and more of these unsettled days, and then some calm days, and then some nice days
and one day the tunnel will be behind you
promise
xx
what she said
xx
what they both said...
:o)
Post a Comment