After a pretty grotty weekend, 8am found me back at the doctor's. I told him about the guts and the faintness. First of all he said he thought the faintness was 'coincidence'! I must have given him an 'I don't agree' look. He asked when it had started and whether I thought it was related to the drugs. Wednesday, and yes I did think so. He shifted from telling me to carry on taking them to not taking them for a week. He also gave me a thing to get my bloods done. Oh joy, another visit to Kingston hospital (our practice nurse being away until 'October'). I've remembered that the chap I saw last week about the mystery cyst, on hearing my tale of gut troubles did actually say "Sounds like you're borderline IBS"! Now there's a surprise.
I have a bit of a dilemma though. Having taken today's tablet before I saw the doctor, I've been feeling a fair bit better than the last few days. Still had some tingly moments and spaced-out-ness this afternoon but nothing so bad as Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Finally took some imodium yesterday (or was it Saturday?), and it seems to have settled guts down. So far. Hmmm, so think I might carry on for a few more days with tablets and see if side-effects are starting to settle down.
Not that I'm sure what they'll achieve at the end of the day that a good run won't. Assuming I ever shake off this cold and the cba. The difficult-to-get-to-sleep and dreams-on-waking are both continuing. Very weird dream this morning. My colleague is going to bring in her dream dictionary (I think that's what it was called), so I can try to work it out.
I'm now definitely in the last four weeks of my contract. It's odd how it can affect me. I've enjoyed working at this place. It's been frustrating at times but the people are generally really nice and friendly. I'm in list mode already! Che sera sera.....
Afterthought!
There was a highlight! The look on Miniwomble's face when we hired her electric guitar on Saturday! She was so excited. She's having lessons as her birthday present. We didn't even get mugged on the way home, carrying guitar and amp.
Monday, September 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
More practical advice
about the tablets
if they are causing these side effects
you need
to give them at least 14 days-usually the initial side effects wear off
they will also work on your brain in a differentwhat a run does(so run as well!)
a subtle effect, but one that will give you the strength to lift your head out of the pit and then climb out
Hiya hun - disturbing dreams are a nusiance, not least because they stay with you through the day. However, can I just sound a note of warning about dream dictionaries - at the end of the day they are only the author's intepretation - my mother has a couple that she swears by, but they give different intepretations for the same dream - and one of them is full of gloom, doom and despondency!
You will get thru this - eevn tho it doesn't feel like it right now, you will.
((((((W))))))
Post a Comment