Aren't they lovely?
I'd had early warning that Mega was "a bit out of sorts". Mini I already knew was hormonal. A tremendous mix. One little scream/rant/swear exchange before we left their house and I was really looking forward to the day! We survived food shopping and I decided that divide and conquer would be the theme for the day. I invited Mega to do "man's stuff" and come to Homebase with me to buy a ladder, part of the bargain being that he had to climb it too! Mini could do putting shopping away. Which she was still doing in rather a sulky way when we returned with sparkly 3-section aluminium ladder-type thing. Sod's law dictated that, for the first time in months, the rainwater butt had actually filled during last night's downpourings, so the need for Mega to climb the ladder and check for blockage of the downpipe was slightly redundant. He did it anyway, in good spirit. And now I have a nice ladder for when someone paints the house......
Then the fight with the computer started. I'd decided to "clean up" and "defrag" one of the drives last night. Mega soon discovered that we no longer had internet access. Hmmm. By midday, he'd lost the will to stay awake and Mini had already retired to her bed. For an hour or so, they were both fast asleep! Teenagers indeed!
Of course, apart from sleep, teenagers eat. So they awoke within a few minutes of each other, enquiring as to lunch. Mega and I continued the struggle with the electronic teenager when his best friend rang, inviting him round. Ok, you can go if you can find out what my IP address is! Ah, Mega's friend knew how to do that, so off he went. The divide and conquer was working without me even being involved!
Mini and I then went and did the mother and daughter thing - shopping. For bike stuff :o) I am now the proud owner of some padded shorts (and another bike lock). We wandered about and I bought a book on dreams. We also rummaged through all the washbags in John Lewis, to the consternation of an assistant who was obviously worried that her stock was going to disappear into my large Evans carrier bag. And, in the spirit of shopping, I saw a very girly sort of outfit - skirt, camisole top and over cardigan/little jacket in a heavy Italian lace in a kind of bronze colour - which I liked enough to go into the shop to see if we could discover the price. £699. Perhaps in the sales.
As her Dad was out and about, Mini stayed in and around until collected after Casualty had just finished (good timing!). Can I just say what a crap episode I thought it was, and how I don't hold out much hope for the second half tomorrow being much better! So then, it was just me and the sulky silvery electronic one and I was going to win. I'd defeated the other two, after all! After much restoring, re-booting, downloading, re-booting, downloading, re-booting ... you get the picture, I now have a pc that is similar to the goes-like-a-hesitant-snail version that was here on my desk quite recently. The only difference being I've reverted to Norton and ditched Macafee - it's so user-unfriendly.
Off for a little race thing in the morning. Not expecting anything great after recent lack of health and fitness. Should be lots of forum people there so that'll be nice. Then the miniwombles are back, staying overnight. 31 sleeps.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
sounds like you managed them well :>)
I somehow think you're probably the expert though :o))
maybe you should go adn work for the UN
we use AVG for virus stuff
its very good
Teenagers are just fab aren't they?
We use AVG too - seems to do the job.
Not sure if it's the pc or the teenagers you're using the AVG for? Does it work on both? If it's the pc, I'm not sure that it is a virus. More likely I've knackered some spurious setting in XP, that someone who knows what they're doing would be able to sort in 5 minutes.
In the meantime, I'll keep spraying the teenagers ;o))
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
for the computer
Post a Comment