Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Today I ran!

The first time since Robin Hood half over a week ago, I ran. Old friend came round and we did 5.3 miles. The plan was 'an easy run' which was fine by me, not knowing how I would do, what with faintness, lingering cold, clogged up lungs etc. So off we set, nice and brisk! And kept going. As the Garmin is in the care of Sweatshop, I have no data on the run except it was faster than I thought we were going to do, quite warm and sweaty and I did better than anticipated. Phew! It's a regular route, before you ask, that's how I know the distance.

The faintness seems to be on the decline, thank goodness. Yes, it still gets me occasionally but it tends only to be when getting up from desk after a while or from bending down. I have felt nowhere near as dreadful as over the weekend. The doctor's original decision and my later thoughts now seem justified.

Tomorrow, I hope to run again. For two of my best and closest friends. Both of whom are having extremely difficult days. I can't be with either, let alone both, but I wish I were. I shall be there and there in spirit, at least. Thinking of them both. Thinking I'm so lucky to have my health.

And thanks to my friend who came round to run this evening. The same person rang me on Sunday to ask how I was. I think it was Ruth who said that you find out who your friends are when you need them. And thanks to all the people who comment here, and e-mail me, giving hugely supportive comments and views. I hope I can repay your kindnesses if and whenever you need it.

3 comments:

b-z said...

ah yes
So true about friends



I had a lot less than i thought
but the ones i have i am hanging onto
xx

RobW said...

Have a hug from me

Well done on the run

beanz said...

that's great :>)