One superb thing today - I spoke to Paul (my Aussie friend, you'll be hearing a bit about her in the coming weeks) on messenger for the first time ever!!! As she's in Western Australia the time difference is only 7 hours (she says). So, late this morning I noticed her name pop up in my list of contacts who were online although she was 'away'. I only added her in the last day or two. Over my lunchtime sandwich I tentatively said "Are you there?" and she was!!!! We chatted about some ideas for a possible itinerary, which bit of that huge country to go to when, finding out when she'll be working and what thoughts she has about my time over there. The outline plan:

- fly to the east coast, perhaps Sydney and travel around there
- from there to Uluru
- from Uluru to Perth where Paul is
- spend time in/around Perth
- drive together from Perth back east to Melbourne, doing touristy things along the way
- spend time in/around Melbourne catching up with Paul's family
- fly home from Melbourne in time for Xmas.

Now I need to look at my books, work out what I want to see where, how long it might take and pencil in some dates and then starting looking at flights. Eeekkkkk
You're going to get bored with this, aren't you?
Do I care?????

1 comment:
How could we get bored! Its fab news!
And anyway, I live vicarious living!!
;o)
Post a Comment