Tuesday, August 08, 2006

New glasses

Picked up my new specs this afternoon. Instantly so much better to look through and even comfortable compared to the old pair. I offered the redundant red ones to the assistant for the charity/recycling bin straightaway but she insisted I hang on to them for a week "Just in case". I've been wearing the new ones since I got them - have cycled 11.5+ miles, done loads of data entry onto a lap top in varying levels of light. My head doesn't hurt - inside or out - so I'm pretty sure they're fine! And they're not quite so ghastly to look at. In fact, for those who know, they're pretty similar to my 'reading' glasses.

So, the glasses are sorted. I can start the second lot of drops tonight - the antibiotics. Friday I have to go to the Eye Clinic A&E to see what they think. My eye isn't sore any more but I think I can still see the 'keratitis' blob.

This evening, on my way back from our club relays evening, I saw a free-range deer - a live one! Not a park inhabitant, a roaming about one. The first ever so near in to suburbia. Wow!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a relief - not being able to see properly is so debilitating!!!
I've spent my entire life struggling in that department!!!

womble said...

PM - I still don't like wearing glasses, the vision is nowhere near as good as contact lenses - you don't get a blurry surround to the edge of contacts! The eye will sort itself and I'll be back to normal eventually.

Anonymous said...

No I guess you don't, but I've worn glasses since I was three and feel bare without them! Also, because of the degree of my stigmatism, they can't actually match my prescription in contacts - just "as close as" which is why I only can wear them for limited periods. Funnily enough I had a chat to my Optician t'other day - they do do them in the hard lenses but the thought of those turns my stomache and you only get used to them if you wear them every day, which would meaning binning my glasses, and I can't imagine doing that! They're part of me! Which is odd, cos I've spent years hating the fact that I wear glasses, only to be given an option to not and find that I want to refuse it! Contrary, me? No!!

b-z said...

I cant get on with contacts-cos i cant get them OUIT of my eyes

But my specs have protected my eyes form all sorts of nasty body fluid splashes, flying glass and so on
Not all bad

PM-I have astigmatism too
Might you consider daily disposable

Anonymous said...

Daily disposables?! The Eco Womble will be on your case about that!

b-z said...

gulp
oh no
shall i delete the post;)

Anonymous said...

b-z They don't do them for my prescription - its so far astigmatised its almost coming round the other side!!! Its only in the last couple of years they have come anything like, but its still not spot on. Still, after a few drinks I can't tell!!!

Cath Delaney said...

Oooh it's the astigmatism club! I have daily disposables for mine - they aren't quite up to my prescription in my specs though.

Anonymous said...

Don't make dailies for mine. I'm just SOOOOOOOOO blind. :o(

b-z said...

Minnie this is most odd

Ive net you twice and both times i am sure you werent wearing specs

Anonymous said...

b-z - I do have contacts - its just that the prescription and thereroe vision is less than perfect, so I can only wear them for a limited period of time!