Monday, August 28, 2006

Ooops - a whole week has gone!!!

And it's not even as if it's been a quiet week!

Started off well, running on Monday and Tuesday (once with old friend again which was nice). But then it was pishing down on Wednesday evening. Oddly, I felt that I could have cycled to the club in the rain and then gone running, but running up there in the nasty stuff was a different proposition. How odd. And daft. Of course, cycling not an option.

Some of week spent trying to chase progress on the bicycle situation. Apparently, I can get a quote to source a replacement myself but Norwich Union (name names!!) will only pay out to the lower quote, of course. And they're trying to get me to pay them more for my insurance as the renewal date was the day after the theft so my no claims bonus is reduced. Cycle insurance is a separate, specified amount so why does a claim under that affect my whole insurance (blinks naively)?

Thursday was GCSE results day as well as my birthday. Megawomble did rather well. Having collected an 'A' in his A/S maths the previous week, he then got 5 A*, 3 A and 3 B (and an A* in the maths GCSE last year). He came round in the evening to borrow my camping stuff (yet again) and we shared some champagne. Well. He had a glass and I had to finish the rest. Didn't I?

Friday was London Social. For some reason people kept buying me drinks and I kept forgetting to say 'No, thanks'. Today I stopped wearing my ring.

Saturday, finally dragged body out of bed to go and collect hire car and do shopping. Bad idea. Picked Miniwomble up and took her home with shopping. Managed to get the fridge stuff put away and then retired to my bed. She was brilliant. Did the rest of the shopping storage, did the washing up, washed the kitchen floor (a hero indeed)..... Wow!!! I'd almost returned to life by about 4.30pm and we made ready to go to Kenwood House for an outside concert - Bjorn Again. They were good fun, especially in the rain! Huge picnic with one of my closest mates as usual :o)

Sunday was my Dad's family lunch get-together to celebrate his 70th birthday. I'd honestly thought he'd never last this long given the way he's abused his body over decades with cigarettes and alcohol, but hey, he's here. Lunch was very good in a place by Poole Quay, overlooking the harbour. Megawomble was the only person missing due to being away with Scouts for the week. Then we all went back to the house and we gave him his pressie. We'd clubbed together with Mum and got him an i-Mac. He was fascinated and his face was a joy. I think it'll take a few lessons from little bruv (hahahahaha) but I'm sure there will be no stopping him eventually! Then there was tea and cake. The cake specially made with a sudoku on the top! Thankfully Mum has forgotten that it was me that introduced him to the little game....

All in all it was a lovely day. My only sad point was when I sat and thought that really Mega wasn't the only person who should have been there.

Today, I decided to get up when I felt like it. Have done some washing and tidying. Filing is next. The hire car is still outside and it seems such a waste for it to be sitting there and me not using it again before taking it back in the morning. On the other hand, it would be most unenvironmentally friendly to be looking for an excuse to take it out unnecessarily!

And I absolutely must go running this evening.

4 comments:

b-z said...

bloody good week, hey
wel done to mega womble

beanz said...

yes - some good positives in there as well as the sad bits
x

womble said...

Yes, thanks, beanz. There were other things too :o(

Anonymous said...

A good week in so much as it sounds "normal" if you know what I mean!

Well done to Mega!!!