Today I became the proud owner of two teenagers! Yes, it was Mini's 13th birthday. The four of us went to a gastro pub in Wombledon Village and it was jolly lovely, if a bit loud (oh dear, showing my age!). Their Dad and I managed to resist the reminiscing "Oh when she was born...." bit!!! I was more concerned to ponder the question of their upbringing and how it was that a 13 year old would know how she wanted her steak done. When I was 13 steak was the stewing variety.
They'd all had a good day. Been to a place with lots of climbing walls just near Guildford somewhere. An hour's climbing and clambering, lunch then another hour. Not the typical girly 13th birthday activity, I suppose. I think they might go back as all three had a great time. I remember taking Mini to the first birthday party of a friend's little girl who is two months younger than Mini. This other little girl was walking at 9 months, Mini decided to wait until she was 14 months. However, she could climb for England before walking! At the party she clambered up on to a table and stood on it, but couldn't walk! So climbing has been her thing for a few years now.
No plan for tomorrow although I've told them I'll buy birthday presents if they tell me what they want!
Sunday..... hmmmm..... am having madcap idea of doing a local 5k. And you know how much I hate 10k? Well, 5k is like that but twice as bad! We'll see what happens.
It's been a tiring week. Have done 4 gym inductions, met with Leon for a quick pint (before he collapsed in a heap of tiredness), another friend came round to see me last night, relays were Tuesday, meal out tonight. Almost like I have a social life!!! And all that unassisted by contact lenses. Today's 3 hours at Kingston Royal Eye Clinic A&E resulted in an invitation/instruction to return next Friday....... Oh whoopee. And to not wear my lenses. And some lovely e-mails from friends, the real ones. I have felt warm and hugged at times this week. People are incredible.
My Dad is 70 at the end of this month. What does he want? A computer!
Friday, August 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
wow...13 years old. My how time flies and now for the real teenage time to begin. Hold those thoughts of what you were doing at that age as they will be a reminder of what is to come. Pass on my birthday wishes to Alison and altho it is very late, to Daniel too. And while I'm at it it you as well as the time is looming near. another year for us all.
Keep partying...(i'm told it's good for the soul)
Paul
just popping in to leave hugs
Hugs off me too.
Glad to see you gettin g out there Karen :o)
Here's a pile more hugs (((( ))))
Post a Comment