Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ho hum....

So I still haven't heard from the woman in HR. However, yesterday caught the useless boss in the office and asked him what was going on. He says "Oh, she's going to terminate your contract". Curious, given that said contract has an end-date on it but it seems that there are legal hoops and niceties to follow, and I need to be put at risk of redundancy etc! I knew this was a fixed term thing, but twice now I've been misled as to the job being extended. The previous conversation I'd had with my boss he asked me if I wanted to do some extra work. If only people wouldn't mess you about. I don't mind if they say "Bugger off and never darken our doors again" or "Darling you were wonderful but we can't afford to keep you" but this faffing about and keeping you in the dark is not good.

So, better get best interview frock out and start touting my CV about. At least there'll be plenty of time to get back into training and I'll be able to do some work for set-up at the Crisis shelters!

And, of course, continue the house-tidying..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take it from me, more time on your hands doesn't necessarily lead to more training... :o)

womble said...

Oh, there you are - glamorous cover star! How is it going?

RobW said...

ah don't you just love in inner works of Human Remains (HR)