Friday, November 11, 2005

Calm before the storm

The cat is lolling about,looking warm and relaxed. The heating is on and she knows where the pipes run under the floor. The radio is on (err everywhere which you'll know if you've been to my place) and the usual bunch of MPs are trying to be clever and amusing and appealing. Pah! I've done more sorting out in the house. Been shopping. Made some fairy cakes. Didn't manage a run, never mind. At least it's looking a touch tidier around here and I know where a few long-lost bits and pieces are!

It won't last! Last weekend we escaped in the company of only one child. Very shortly, is the beginning of another full-on couple of days. Mini-BFs are sitting in traffic on the M4 as I write. Miniwomble is apparently in a stretch limo somewhere in Sutton, out for a friend's birthday. Megawomble is at scouts. Sooner or later they'll all be here......

I'm out tomorrow for a few hours with the folk from Crisis for a Key Volunteers' training day. Think I might just go to the pub after too.

Chugger

1 comment:

beanz said...

Hope you've had a good weekend and are recovering gently now