Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A New Year starts

And Megawomble got home from his first ever NYE party while it was still morning! I think that's quite an achievement. In the afternoon the three of us went for a walk - to Richmond Park, round the bottom half and back for those who know it. About 7.5 miles (not 7.93 as we didn't go right along the wall from Ham Gate). There was a moaning Mini with us to start off who turned into cheery Mini as we made our way along and speeding Mini by the time we were back home! "Dinner" and the annual cooking of the pie had been postponed by one day so we did that and a quiet evening followed. I finally awoke on the sofa trying to work out why there was a different film on the tv and Mini was still up. She informed me that she had slept earlier but "this one" was the one she'd been waiting for. It seemed to involve someone with a green head. I gave up and went to bed.

Today Tuesday I was up first, can't think why although Mega definitely needed some more sleep! I went all peculiar and domesticated. Did washing up (where's that fairy?), made some soup, moved furniture about with the help of Mini, rang the Job Centre and someone called about my first gym induction of the year. Oh, and I put my M training schedule into my diary. I seem to be doing two of the buggers in two weeks in April. How the hell did that happen? [Glares towards Warrington]

Bad bit of the day was my Mum ringing fairly early on to say that her second brother had died overnight. Poor thing, it's a year minus 7 days since her other brother died. I've spoken to her again this evening and she was a bit more composed. It's going to be hard for a while though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

((Womble's Mum))

Supposed to be the busiest time of the year for you PT peeps :>)

x

b-z said...

Sorrry to hear about your uncle
what is "the pie"

womble said...

It's a vegetarian pie, the middle is mushrooms, rice and creamed cheese with some herbs (I used goats cheese this year as I got confused with recipes and bought cream instead of Philly but had some goats in the fridge!). It's "the pie" as it has a different shape or decoration each year. When it was the Xmas Pie, it was in the shape of: a tree, present, bauble..... and so on. This week it had "07" in digital numbers on the top.

Anonymous said...

[glares back towards Wombledon] As I recall....

Cath: I don't know I can be arsed with a marathon
Womble: But I've put it in my diary now!
Cath: Oh, we best do it then eh..?
Womble: Yes.


Anyhoo... day 3 of schedule done! :-D

((hugs)) for you with Mum and that pie sounds yummy!

x

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Mum and your Uncle - hopefully thats the bad news for the year out of the way.

"The Pie" sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

any pie left?

[peeps round the fridge door hopefully]