Sunday, January 07, 2007

A first!

Today, for the first time ever, I went up into the roof of my house on my own. No-one to hold my hand, pass me things or hold the ladder. No-one to catch me. It had to be done (with a touch of deep-breathing). The house-tidying continues unabated and there were things that had to go up there and others that had to come down. I think the charity shops are going to tire of me this week. I reckon I can get most of the stuff there if I make a journey every day. Does anyone know if they take electrical things? There's an iron to go. No point in saving it as a spare, I don't use mine enough to wear it out!

I've been starting to think about work and have signed-up to various e-mail lists and checked vacancies etc. Not that I want to return straight away, I feel as if I still need some 'me' time. I really want to try for a permanent role but who knows how likely that is in the current climate. There was one possible and I've asked for more information.

I did a run, not as far as required by the schedule but I got out and it felt a bit easier than Thursday for a longer distance. Disappointing when I got home to find I'd done exactly the same pace (to the second) and average heart rate! The max hr was down which must be good. Progress of sorts.

Had a conversation with a good friend this morning. It helped me realise that I've turned a corner over the last few days. Some dawning realisations that you've all been shouting at me for ages but hey, I got there in the end.

Onwards and upwards!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you get there when you get there

you cant rush it

re work

my therapist says go back 3 months after you feel ready

shes right about that

Anonymous said...

I thouhgt it said 'onto the roof ' phew!

xx

Anonymous said...

Your therapist is spot on B-z, wish I'd applied that when I came back to work and then would (possibly) be stuck in a dead end job going nowhere.

Anonymous said...

You could borrow my (sorry, 'our') car but for the insurance prob. Can come over sometime to take any big stuff to the charity shop in the car if you like. Can I bagsy the iron? :o)

womble said...

Dear little bruv, has anyone explained what an 'iron' is?