Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thursday

Was a bit of mixed day today. Had an unscheduled lie-in. Wasn't too bothered but on the other hand I don't want to start a habit of wasting my time lounging around in bed. I've got to be constructive about this time 'off work'. Good friend came round for a chat at lunchtime. We saw each other last night at the club but didn't really have a chance to catch up then. I suppose that's one advantage of being at home!

I'm still trying to tidy up the house. It's mostly the debris from coming home and a tiny bit of Xmas, well the working over Xmas thing really. There's also stuff to be gotten rid of although how I'm going to get it to the charity shop is beyond me [thinks: hmmm when is that housekeeper back with her car again?] . I've started rearranging books on the shelves that Mini and I moved the other day, so that's looking better. I've marzipanned the Xmas cake (what?). Today's soup is brussel sprouts and petit pois. Unfortunately I didn't have any mint, which I think would have gone quite nicely. Ah well, will have to try some for lunch tomorrow (that should stop any visitors). Now I have a traffic light set of soups in the freezer, at least I'll be able to tell them apart. [Did I ever tell you about the time I ended up taking a pot of sweet and sour sauce to work instead of carrot soup?]

This evening I 'ran' again. By coincidence exactly the same distance as yesterday but a completely different route. It was faster by a minute a mile which is as prescribed in the schedule, just neither of them were quite the right pace. I'm sure I'll get there.

Family Calendar, 2006

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonfire ritual burning for the calendar then..?

b-z said...

Ritual bonfire

ooooh, i havent done one of those since school

womble said...

b-z I think you'll find it's illegal to set fire to school ;o)

Anonymous said...

Is that a good luck thing then?

Anonymous said...

PM, I think it's a ritual burning as in, glad to see the fecking back of 2006!

*<¦oD