Well, Saturday at least. Let's hope Sunday isn't as soggy. I set my clock and radio to get me up early to do a run before I went to collect the children. Ha bliddy ha. What chance was there of that happening? Even though I'd gone to bed early (shocking a couple of texters who dared to message me), I really really didn't want to get up. So I didn't.
It was raining, so we did charity shop dumping (is it anti-shopping when you take stuff to a charity shop?), banking and fresh food shopping. We were soggy so the children borrowed various articles of clothing when we got back to the house. How lucky we're all vaguely in a similar size range! Miniwomble and I finally iced the 'Xmas' cake - it simply says 'eat' in big letters on the top :D After lunch, Mega and I did some bonding in the garage over some diy. This might seem a bit stereotypical: girl does cake, boy does diy, but it's not always like that. Mini and I have shared diy moments too. So, we now have a very tidy garage, with the new ladder stored on the lovely new wall brackets. Mini and I did diy shopping after, does that count as diy or shopping? There was a lot of reading going on today too, as I bought them both book(s) this morning (trying to up the Xmas present score from the lowly zero it was at).
Then Kelly and Tristan arrived. They'd been buying bike porn at Sigma Sports in Teddington, just over Kingston Bridge. Was good to see them again. The last time was two years ago when they stayed over at Xmas and I moved out to a hotel for a couple of days. So now I've seen all of Paul's family in recent weeks :D I took a photo and I've e-mailed it to her. We all had dinner together and had a piece of Mini's Xmas cake for pud and it was very good. She even managed not to have the fruit sink which I've been having trouble with in recent years.
Then some chatting and I might go to bed. I really must do a r*n tomorrow.
Saturday, January 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Its peeing down here
Lashed down all day here - one very wet Minnie at the end of two hours on the bike!! :o)
However, lie-ins are good, when they are really needed and sounded like you needed yours - tis all go in Womble Towers by the sounds of it!
Post a Comment