Today's trip saw me catch the bus. I decided I'd get blown off my bike and I could actually carry slightly more if I went to the Cancer Relief shop by foot. I have a growing admiration for the volunteers in those places. They smile as you leave your bags of unwanted things (I won't call them goodies) and probably sigh, wondering if there will be anything useful or valuable therein. The lady I handed over to today was very welcoming. I hope they can find a buyer for everything.
And then, as suggested in the comments, I went and booked myself some YOGA! I have an 11 week course starting this Thursday evening at 7. And dead cheap as I'm a doley :D All I have to do is retrieve my sleep mat from the scouting womble and I can use that. Ooh, I'm almost excited except it includes something about relaxation. Ommmmmm.
It was still windy this evening, so I decided I'd do the 'speed' session on my treadmill. Got all kitted up, with music, drink, phones etc and entered the garage. The tready has been in its folded up position for a while to create more space. So, folded it down, plugged it in, put new batteries in the display thingy and pressed GO. Nothing. Like a dodo. Unplugged it. Plugged in again, jiggled the plug. Spoke nicely to it. Tried to see if I could persuade the belt to go round (bit like jump starting a car). Zilch. Harumph. Bu88er. Etc. Regathered all my equipage and went back indoors. Ah well, I ran yesterday which was officially a rest day, so I haven't missed a session yet this week. Will have to try harder tomorrow. On the run I'll be doing in the morning as I'm giving blood at 2.30pm.
There was some more jobwebsite surfing and e-mailing. I've now had replies from everyone I contacted on Monday except the flipping agency person who was recommended to me. I'll be chasing that tomorrow.
Sleep was almost as rubbish as the previous night. I'd tried staying up a bit later to tire myself but no, no difference. The temptation of whisky is becoming quite strong but I haven't submitted yet.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I know you aren't a daily mail reader, but they are doing a series of free DVD's on yoga and verious aspects of relaxation at the moment - might be worth looking at?
yes, and Aldi or lidl are apparently selling Yoga DVDs too
The only DVD player I have is on my pc.
i bet aldi sell very cheap DVD players too!!!!!
Post a Comment