Monday, January 08, 2007

Blue Monday?

Got up relatively early (for a doley) and got on with all that job-seeking thing. I plucked up the courage to ring an agent whose name I'd been given by someone I trust, and got voicemail. Grrr. I've e-mailed my CV through but I haven't heard anything back yet. E-mailed a few contacts and some have replied.

Did the first daily run to the Cancer Relief shop in the High Street. I even did the washing up. A certain sense of 'so what' was creeping over me. I'd done plenty of website checking so reckoned I could satisfy the daily quota of 'looking for work'. So, I had a nap.

This evening I went up to the club and did a 3 mile snail run. There's some new people about which is nice. I took loads of guff with me relating to the 10k in February haha. It's going to be interesting to see how it goes, I tell you. Then some red coloured soup for tea. I'd had a bit of cake with lunch so resisted the urge to have another piece.

Last night I had terrible trouble getting to sleep. Rolled around for literally hours. In the end, I thought well I usually fall asleep if I try to read in bed, so I'll try that. At gone 3 o'clock in the morning. I don't know if it worked or whether I was just so knackered by that point but finally I dropped off. It's not good. I really don't have trouble with my sleep normally and I couldn't pin it down to anything in particular this time. Even the thoughts raging through my head weren't all about the usual crap. I had this a couple of times in Oz too. Please no suggesting of milky drinks, I'd be more likely to throw up than sleep.

Tomorrow's just another day...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is where yoga will help(with the sleep issue)

get yourself to a class while you have the luxury of time.
To be fair-this is the first "proper" week back for you, what with Christmas and stuff

never thought of logging the time im spending on phone calls and CV tweaking and websites-actually, its quite a bit at this end

Anonymous said...

How about brandy then? :o)

Could just be your body and mind adjusting to being back in your "normal" life as it were?

Anonymous said...

((( WUmbly )))

womble said...

b-z You're right and I shall pop in to the local leisure centre and ask after today's charity shop run.
pm xAdd brandy to the list of things I do not drink! And while we're here, port is yucky too.
beary Thanks :o)