Monday, January 22, 2007

Slow Monday

Got up rather late so porridge and fruit was a kind of brunch. Much avoidance ensued but I finally got round to that work-finding thing. Chased up the agency and discovered they'd been having trouble with their e-mails. Made contact with them and sent CV again. Did some surfing of websites and found myself actually ringing another agency. Sent my CV and then had reply questioning whether I was indeed legally qualified. Which I'm not. Bu88er I thought. Anyhow, highlight of the day was this response:

Apologies for the confusion! We don't currently have a discipline that deals with regulatory and compliance candidates with a non-legal background. However, I'm more than willing to send your CV to some of my telco clients and see if they will be prepared to look at a non-legal resource, because I do think you have excellent experience.
I will let you know if I make any headway.


Woo bliddy hoo!!!!!

It went downhill a bit after that when I went "running" - slower than a slow thing yet again. It was rather chilly and I put my thermals on and wore gloves. May have been an over-reaction but it was the first 'cold' run since last winter.

Oh and today I got rid of my ab cruncher on freecycle. Chap is coming to collect it tomorrow evening!

5 comments:

Cath Delaney said...

Can you get rid of your CBA on freecycle too...? Maybe exchange it for some mojo..??

b-z said...

have you got anything left in your house????????

see you on friday
xx

womble said...

I've just responded to someone wanting a hamster cage!! Yes, there is one in my roof!

Roll on Friday, it's going to be great :o)

beanz said...

you giving up on exercise thing then?

first the tready, now the ab cruncher

womble said...

I'm so fit I don't need all this machinery. And the hamster wheel never was the right size.

[ahem]