Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Busy Day

Started back at Kingston Hospital, not sure that I was seeing the right specialism. I was right. I am currently pinging back and forth between gastro and gynae with this mystery cyst (not so mysterious now I've actually seen the thing). The outcome today is I'm being referred back to gynae for a likely laparoscopy. I also found out that I have two ureters to each kidney which is nothing too much out of the ordinary. I suspect that I react in a different way to a lot of people to some news, I was quite amused to get this point in my life before finding out. But then I suppose why should you know? I'm still being told the cyst is not sinister but they seem to want to find out what it might be. There goes one of my unwritten resolutions to reduce the number of hospital appointments. I had my bloods done while I was there too. That whiled away some time.

Back home I made some more soup, this time it was parsnip and chick pea. Again I had some for lunch and it seems ok. Then it was off to Job Centre Plus. I wonder how much marketing budget was spent on coming up with that name? The lady I saw about 'work' (as opposed to benefits) admitted that they were very unlikely to be able to help me find any work of the type I required (and that was without mentioning part-time, lots of money and no responsibility). She looked up what I'd said I would do to seek work last time and I promised I'd try hard again. I also told her that my contracts usually find me not the other way around. We laughed and had a little moan about what annoys you about working in an office: like the printer or photocopier always being out of paper; or someone knicking your milk. First signing on day proper is this Friday.

I've thought of a way to solve the milk problem: a label saying "breast milk". What do you think?


This evening I went up to the club. It was handicap night but I haven't done that for ages so I did 3.7 slowly with some recovering peeps. Cycled there and back of course. I think if I simply do the mileage for a couple of weeks without worrying about the pace then I should get back into it. Hopefully.

3 comments:

b-z said...

breast milk---------ha ha ha!

Mind you, there would be some perve---

Anonymous said...

someone would want to taste the milk, I am sure ....

womble said...

They obviously wouldn't know how sickly sweet the stuff is. Yuck.