
Saturday morning was up and off to collect mini-wombles and do some shopping for the dinner that I'd managed to invite an extra person to at the social! Poor Mega was a bit stressed about homework in the morning, but he was lots cheerier by the end of the day. I hate all this pressure that our children are under these days with exams. It's no good arguing to me that it simply prepares them for life.... why should 'life' be that stressful either? He's actually very clever but that doesn't mean he doesn't worry about stuff. Poor boy.

I managed not to poison anyone in the evening as far as I know and then suddenly, it was just me and the lovely BF in the house on our own. With a pile of washing-up. Was a good evening, nice to chat with people in a slightly quieter environment than Doggetts. Hell, that pub was heaving on Friday!
Did my bit for ultra-running on Sunday morning and borrowed the tractor car to get up to Big Ben for the start of the London to Brighton race. I've marshalled the last 3 years or so, my task tends to be stopping the traffic from running people over at the first boing of 7am. Then I went home and back to bed - that's not a time I like to see on a Sunday morning many times in a year.
A far more peaceful - and quiet! - weekend ensued. We walked about 4.5 miles to and from diy place, chatting as we went. Was a nice day, sunny, slightly breezy. Later on we had a superb run in Richmond Park (a 'little' one of ~8 miles and it was me that said 'little'). I love the Park at the end of the day when the traffic is disappearing and there are only a few pedestrians left. The deer are at the bellowing point of the year. The stags stand around shouting at anyone who will listen. Very impressive and only a little worrying when they're nearby. It was tranquil even with the shouting cattle.
And today, more time just being together. Doing nothing much in particular. Talking about things, making plans. And again, I feel calm. And happy.

1 comment:
It was a good plan to leave when we did then..
:o)
Post a Comment