Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Inspirational People

There are so many about, even amongst the little circle of people that I feel I know in some small way. The fabulous Cath, for the way she has come through the last three years. I first met her at the Warrington Race for Life 5k in 2003. Jamie, who was homeless and on drugs, illiterate and lost. He now writes poetry and has a blog full of sensible stuff that the politicians in this country should make a point of reading. MicknPhil, running and racing in the face of adversity (and beating me from time to time). Ruth, for her amazing dedication to her work and patients and doing marathons and ultras. My Australian friend, Paul, who pretty much brought up her four daughters on her own, working all the time and squeezing in an English degree too.

These people. They make me feel small. And ashamed. Of how I feel on a bad day. When actually there really isn't anything wrong that a kick up the ar$e won't sort out.

3 comments:

Cath Delaney said...

"fabulous cath" my arse... all the whinging and whining I do..???!!!

Seriously, everyone has bad days hun - it's all relative isn't it. Besides you'll be having lots of good days soon... and lots of good nights to go with them...

anyway...

;o)

womble said...

I didn't say your arse was fabulous now, did I?

:o0

[I'll get me coat]

Cath Delaney said...

although a couple of people do indeed think my arse is actually fabulous (it isn't - they obviously need specs!)

anyway.. yes... coat... you'll need it... tis raining.. and all

ahem..