Thursday, October 27, 2005

So why.....

....haven't I blogged recently?

I don't know. It might be because there's a strange sense of calm descending upon Womble Towers. It's happening. The future's bright, the future's ........ arriving at a rate of knots.

So, the weekend was full of children. We went to see the Wallace & Gromit film and it was brilliant! The mini-wombles had already seen it but also agreed to see it again without a hint of resentment. And wow! What a fantastically hilarious film. I'd recommend anyone except your grumpiest Uncle/Grandparent to go and see it. I was in stitches the whole way through. House rules are settling in and being reinforced by mini-wombles, bless them.

Sunday saw us at a swimming pool again, complete with waves. So of course the question of why we couldn't go to the pool with an inflatable and lots of floats and stuff came up ........... Because it's only like that on a Saturday.

Back to work again Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday. Eeeekkkk. Mind you, I was fairly industrious [thud]. And I've only got 14 working days left between now and 9th December. At that point, no job!

I registered for my shifts at
Crisis Open Christmas today. It occurred to me that I might even be able to do some helping out in 'set-up' this year, assuming there's going to be no job until the New Year at the earliest. I'm looking forward to that. When you raise money for a charity for FLM, I'm sure there's a certain number of people who think you're only raising money for that charity so you can get a place. In my case, the whole homelessness issue is one I feel quite passionately about, and I support Crisis all the year through in various ways. People who know me do appreciate that.

And I've been running! Monday and Wednesday. There was an intention to go out Tuesday too but a certain person decided to come and see me so I didn't argue.

Smile
This being half-term week, I'm doing my bit for parenting (it happens.....). So the mini-wombles are here today and not going home until Saturday. Then I find out Mega has organised his own social life, seeing one mate today and another tomorrow. Didn't know when he was coming home so I said, oh just ring me when you're on your way. The phone rang, relatively early, and it was him. "Oh, I'm staying over." Right. "Are your friend's parents there?" "Not yet." "So did you just forget?" "Err yes." "And you're going to Friend 2's tomorrow?" "Err yes." Teenagers......... Let's hope he doesn't moan when he finds out we did chucking out and clearing up in his absence.

Rolling Eyes
Now, it's the weekend again, in effect. Waiting for the lovely BF to get here (with a fully laden car) after a day shift. We're off to London Social tomorrow (fortunately the mini-wombles are old enough to be left for a few hours). Quiet day Saturday and, for some reason, I'm doing a 10k on Sunday. Hey ho.

3 comments:

Evil Pixie said...

wow busy!
I'm dreading the time when gnome gets to that age!

beanz said...

have a great weekend

at least without a car you are not expected to be a taxi!

womble said...

You're right, beanz! And even when the tractor car is visiting, we still automatically aim for bicycles or the bus. Let's hope they thank me when they're older - and fitter than all their mates.