A couple of weeks ago I was called for jury service for the first time ever. Ooh exciting, I thought. Until I saw that the date coincided with the last two weeks of my contract at work. Hmmmm, perhaps not then. So I asked for a deferral. Got home today, opened the brown envelope that was on the mat. My new date for jury service? Monday 24 April 2006. Shall I book the crane to get me out of the seat at the end of the day now?!
Someone's got a sense of humour.....
Friday, October 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
now THAT is funny!
;o)
And obviously I won't be feeling terribly sympathetic that day. Not to anyone..... No benefit of the doubt!
:>))
HE'S GUILTY
"You don't even know what he's been charged with yet"
Don't care - need to get out of this seat NOW
..anyway look at him - he LOOKS guilty
"Don't you think we should at least hear the evidence..?"
GUILTY
"Your honou...."
GUILTY
"I don't think we're going to get anywh..."
GUILTY
HE'S GUILTY
..can I go home now..??
;o)
I'll send Giovanni round and the jury won't be needed. The defendant will plead guilty - to anything!
How do you know the defendant will be male?
Good point Little Bruv:-
Edit
S/HE'S GUILTY
"You don't even know what s/he's been charged with yet"
Don't care - need to get out of this seat NOW
..anyway look at him/her - s/he LOOKS guilty
"Don't you think we should at least hear the evidence..?"
GUILTY
"Your honou...."
GUILTY
"I don't think we're going to get anywh..."
GUILTY
S/HE'S GUILTY
..can I go home now..??
;o)!
(snigger)
hubby did jury service
spent the 1st 4 days waiting for 2-3 hours only to be told to go home not needed 5 day told to call in
dad had the same thing
mate had 4 wks fraud case!!
Post a Comment