Sunday, October 09, 2005

Mini-peeps

Well, it happened! The meeting of the mini-wombles and mini-BFs and, it was fine! Mega-womble brought more bits of N64 with him which was a great hit with boy-BFs. So they settled down and played/battled for hours. Mini-womble had a school open-morning to attend so didn't join the others until lunchtime. However, she soon took over hand-holding and carrying duties of mini-BF on our quick detour into Kingston before swimming. Now they all love swimming so they definitely enjoyed that together, big waves, splashing etc. Feeding this many was interesting. My children are big and I couldn't get a feel for portion sizing at all! At least they all ate it (sweet and sour chicken with noodles). I'd had a funny conversation with midi-BF while at swimming where we established that I would indeed be cooking 'real' food rather than man-made stuff! And he offered to help and did chopping chores. Safely, he assured me.

I was so proud of my children. They are the older ones and could have ignored the juniors, or at least been far less friendly to them than they were. It's their space that's being invaded but they were great!

Today, Chessington World of Adventures. It was interesting going to a theme park with younger children again. I went on some rides as they were allegedly non-scary for the younger adventurer. Allegedly. They loved it and worked up a tremendous appetite, snaffling huge numbers of tuna sandwiches at lunchtime and then knocking back spaghetti bolognese for tea before their return home. I was left exhausted and staring at a mountain of washing, a pile of washing-up, a house wanting a good clean and one cat in need of a quick
de-stress. Hmmmm, I suppose they'll be back again soon.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But it was great though....
Couldn't have wished for a better weekend really!!!

:-D

beanz said...

poor old cat

love the pics of mini-BF

so pleased it went well

xx