No, neither did I. In fact, do you ever wonder what you've actually achieved in a day? Do you have one of those little mantras or habits? "I must learn something new each day"? I finally managed to draft what I thought was quite a decent response to the nasty boring BT document. And I had a meeting last thing this afternoon where I could have volunteered to chair a working group, seeing as how I fitted the person spec being described for the role. However, as no-one has rushed in to offer to employ me (yet) after 9th December, I didn't quite see the point in volunteering. Instead, there was a smug internal feeling along the lines of "More fool you lot if you can't see what I can do". It would be nice if someone chucked a job my way. But then, a friend of mine who has recently gone back to the "other side", ie. BT, did invite me to send in my cv.....
So apart from not breaking any records, I managed to start getting this weekend organised a bit. Tomorrow, following a day of back-to-back gym inductions and some baking, the assorted BFs should arrive in the evening. It looks like swimming on Saturday afternoon with the multitude of mini (and not so mini) peeps, assuming they've got on ok in the morning and not killed each other. Feed them all and let some go back to their own house. The remainder to go for a day out to Chessington World of Adventures on Sunday. Great fun for people of all sizes. Except the ones with vertigo. Remember Thorpe Park? Hmmmmmm. And then they all go away again! Phew.
Fingers crossed.
And if you want to be even more inspired after Tristan's triumph, but in a completely different way, why not read Jamie's Big Voice. I tell you, it's humbling.
Thursday, October 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yes I've been lurking there for a while after following your link.
Thanks
Have a great weekend - you'll be in the thick of it at the moment!
Womble reaches for a beer............
Aaaaaahhhhhh.
so you survived then - good
Post a Comment