Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm knackered. Have now passed half way in my week of night shifts. Have been Gate Queen since Friday night and have on occasion got a touch cold. Last night was the worst so far, absolutely freezing and it started snowing just before I got home this morning. This shift was a bit more varied than the others. My dinner (if that's what it is at 4.15am or so) was interrupted by our shift leader asking ever-so-nicely if I would mind doing some first aid. Of course not. One of our older guests had woken and stood up rather too quickly and fallen, hitting his head on a nearby computer desk, gashing his forehead. So, finally got back to my food and then outside again, complete with flattened cardboard boxes for the team and I to stand on. Not for long though, as I'd been promised tea and coffee duties in the run-up to the pre-breakfast rush. Teas etc is one of my favourite duties, a chance to chat to the guests. So, busy busy busy but really good.

Now, I'm feeling tired. Completely zonked out.
Falling Asleep

1 comment:

beanz said...

well done you

(())