Penultimate working day spent in Glasgow. Chatted to colleague returned from maternity leave (hmmm not enough work in that handover conversation), meeting with nice BT account team and then one of them offers me a lift to the airport. And we try to run over a dog. A massive German Shepherd trailing a very thick rope behind it. We hit it but it made lots of yelping noises and tried to run away. Of course, it was me that got out, rescued it and then tried to find where it lived. Turns out the owners (or whoever) were looking for it in their car and found me and muttley quite quickly. I don't know if the lady understood all that I was saying but I just wanted to make sure they knew doggie had been hit. There was a child in the back of the car looking very tearful, I presume because she thought they'd lost the dog rather than it had been run-over. Oh dear, I do hope it was all ok. If it had been a smaller beastie.....
Flight back to Heathrow was really good apart from the cold which started yesterday coming into full flow, buggering my ears completely and making for much popping everytime I blew my nose. Which was about every five minutes. We got back about 25 mins ahead of schedule. Weyhey, I think great! I'll be home at a reasonable time. But no. Waited half an hour for a bus. Then the traffic was slow slow slow. And at Teddington/Hampton Wick a cyclist had been knocked off by a car, so that caused more congestion. Bit of a day for it really. Chips for tea. My brain couldn't conjure anything up from the contents of the cupboard, interesting and varied though they are!
Tomorrow is the last day in the office. Don't suppose anyone will notice really as all my team are in Scotland. I'll take in some chocolates, even if I have to eat them myself (tee hee). The lovely peeps in Glasgow sent me off today with three bottles of wine and a mini box of Roses, which was nice. I hadn't been expecting anything more than a card really, being a hired mercenary. What was amusing was everyone, even the BT people saying 'See you soon enough, somewhere'! There's a great sense that someone will employ me..... wonder who it will be?
Oh, my foot? Did I hear you ask? Well, it doesn't hurt but the bruising is coming along well, there's a nice little spreading-out bit on the foot at the base of my toe. I'll keep you updated!
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Re: the Alsatian. Theresa would be proud. And amazed! That's quite an image of you on one end of a piece of rope and a grumpy Alsatian on the other! :o)
Must say I did think of her at the time!!! And it was kind enough to show me all its teeth.....
Post a Comment