Friday, December 16, 2005

A bit pink

My new shoes. Dead comfy. Got them at Swettishoppe last night when they were doing 15% discount for our club. I needed some new ones for the M training season. I 'ran' in them today. Set out with the lovely Leon and headed towards Richmond Park ... for a change! However, my lungs weren't working and I'd put the wrong legs on. So, I turned back at Kingston Gate and left him with strict instructions not to run too fast. The Garmin reckons I went almost half a minute faster per mile than I did yesterday afternoon. It lies. I was more likely to be going half minute slower. The cold I've been nurturing since the beginning of last week refuses to leave, but I thought I was at the coughing it up and out phase, not nestling in to my lungs. A couple of times in the last year I've gone straight to the doctor when I've started a cold. Not because I'm pathetic but because I wanted to avoid chest infections. This time, I felt ok, just had a cold, no problems it'll go. Not so sure now but it's a touch late to see the beleaguered GP. I think I'll decide it's still going to go. No manflu here.

Leon has gone off to collect the minis for the weekend. I'm busy preparing for our first test of running what will look like a youth hostel. My two are staying tonight as well...... hmmmmm. Another hectic weekend is looming.

The week so far? Well, I've been out running (after a fashion) three times, which is good. I haven't done anything with my CV, which is bad. Bought the new shoes, good. Bought a couple of pressies, good. Did a gym session of my own (and got fab DOMs in my pecs), good. Wondered what on earth all the fuss is about Xmas, yet again. It comes every year you know. Done some stuff for running club, good or bad depending on how I feel at the time and who has just wound me up (mild term = fekkin' bliddy made me angry). Domesticky things including marzipanning the cake (see I'm not totally bah humbug), good.

Resolution for next week: do my CV and send it to some people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you say marzipanning? Lauren said we must pop round soon... :o) x

beanz said...

pretty shoes!

have a great weekend!