Monday, December 05, 2005

Funny Monday

So I was trying to get lots of things sorted at work today. Instead I got headset RSI - three conference calls all of them asking me about my handover notes etc. If I hadn't been on the blimmin' calls I might have had time to get on with stuff.

As a result, was in the office late and Miniwomble signs in on MSN. So we have a little chat while I'm 'working'. She is so funny. Don't know where she gets it from. Two snippets (bearing in mind she's 12):

Me: eekkkkk too much work to do!
Her: Sit back, relax, and do one thing at a time

[She was then telling me about being unwell one day last week]
Me:All that exotic food you eat
Her: From a place called 'El Microonda'

Anyway, the real funny bit of the day came when I got home and took my socks off. Not that I usually laugh at my feet but......



This morning, I didn't kick the cat, or BF, but the bedroom door in one of those "Oh dog, I'm stupid" moments. Toes were a bit sore this morning then I kind of forgot about it. Fortunately, my local expert on medical matters, having prodded and poked says it's just bruising, quite spectacular bruising, but that's all. Phew. Wouldn't want to have missed any running now, would I?

5 comments:

beanz said...

ouch!


lots of TLC needed I think - and not just your toe

Leon said...

Lots of TLC coming up

:o)

Evil Pixie said...

You tart! (that was to Leon)
Ouch {{womble toe}} that hurts I know! I tripped over Gnome and smacked the bed a few months ago ... thought it was broken! Major painful!

Cath Delaney said...

Sorry but made me think of that time that RHH hit his toe and broke it - your bruising was nothing compared to that. Brownie points for you today for bringing a huge grin to my face as I recalled his agony..!!

(not that I usually wallow in other people's agony but, well, you understand..!)

:-D

womble said...

Glad to be of service. Hmpf.