Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wet Wednesday

Why does it keep raining? Whenever I consider going out it seems to be a cue for the heavens to open. Today I finally made my way up the High St to post lots of ebay items, visit the bank and so on. Only got medium wet! Then of course, shortly after I got home another payment came through so I beat my way through the gale force winds and driving rain only to find the local post office closed, as it was Wednesday afternoon. I'd forgotten that ancient tradition. More wet and with a strangely cold finger on one hand was the reward for that excursion.

I plucked up the courage to ask my friend if she knew anything on the job front. It seems they're very busy with a large customer problem and escalations so she advised to leave it a day or two before chasing. She also added that I was the preferred candidate in the team, which was nice.


While I was in the High St, I finally remembered to look at this week's copy of Cycling Weekly. I was chuckling so much I had to buy it! I'm sure I recognise the super cyclist......

No comments: