The first tangible benefit of joining the Green Party? I received an e-mail this afternoon saying there were still tickets available for Radio 4's Any Questions? this evening and it was at Hampton School. "Hmmm," my little brain said, "that's not far away". So, booked my ticket and in true Green fashion peddled over there. An example of my latter day jfdi approach to life. Perhaps you heard it. Anyway, the panel was: John Gummer, Rod Liddle (who I'd never heard of before), Yasmin Alibhai-Brown and David Lammy. I'm a regular listener and to me, it seemed that perhaps some of the debate went on for longer than usual. Anyway, if you read this in time, the repeat is on Saturday lunchtime (13.10) followed by Any Answers. It was very enjoyable and interesting. I was quite amused to sit there in the front row in my cycling clothes amongst lots of true blue, jolly nice Tory voting middle class folk. All I would say as a result is to expect lots of questions about some leak from the Home Office taking up press and parliamentary time in the coming days/weeks.
What else since Tuesday?
Well, I was very parental on Wednesday. Took Megawomble to the doctors about his ankle because he has turned it a few times recently. Result: referral to a physio in the pipeline. Took Miniwomble to dentist. Result: more evenly repaired front tooth, one filling and general cleaning.
Running has been non-existent. Was supposed to run with old friend on Thursday but it was snowy and wet and horrible, so we agreed to postpone to another day. Wednesday at club was handicap night and I didn't want to go up there and risk no-one else wanting to do a proper run (rather than handicap).
Today, I actually rang someone to see if they were thinking of recruiting. This was a big thing for me, as I hate the idea of cold-calling and trying to sell myself. As it turned out, the chap I rang was off sick, so I sent my CV by e-mail with a nice covering note.
I've probably done with my freecycling for the time being too. The 'spare' bed went to a good home. So the 'junk' has now gone. I'm now back into the ebay world. There's probably about 3 weeks' worth of business left in the stuff I have to sell. So I'm trying to just get on and list it all, minimising the daily toil. First sales should hopefully be this Monday.
I've got three gym inductions next week, so that's handy. I'm also looking to do a course on Teaching Health-Related Exercise for Children. Waiting on a call to see if I can get a discount on the course fees for being unemployed. The sub-plot here is that I have a domain name 'familyfit.co.uk'. So, I establish a brand and then sell it for millions. What do you think?
In the meantime, anyone got a job?
Friday, February 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
now look what you've done, I signed up to the Derby freecycle group and now get shed loads of emails - and that's the digest
I suppose it is worst at weekends
Ah yes, the weekends are particularly bad. What you need to do is set up a filter on the incoming mail so it goes to a separate folder. I actually responded to an Offer in the last day or two and tomorrow I'm off to collect a double duvet. Thought it might come in handy with all these visitors I seem to get :o) I didn't like to mention to the lady that I was going to cycle to her.... Think I'll just take some bungees and wrap it round me for the journey back!
tee hee
Post a Comment