Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Another Crisis!

And it was very good. I felt productive and helpful. I did a questionnaire and covering letter to go out to our network of community speakers. If Crisis is asked for someone to speak at a school, tea morning, scouts' meeting etc, the Community Events team that I'm working with has a group of volunteer speakers to fill the breach. Then I came up with ideas for sponsorship for Pedal to Paris and asked my cycling guru aka little bruv for some thoughts too. Then it was start preparing the agenda and slide pack for the FLM runners' evening on 19 February. Phew!

I got home to find sod's law had struck: the only day of the week I'm out all day and I miss two deliveries. One leaves a card to say my Amazon delivery is "over the back gate"; which is very interesting if you've seen the back-gate jungle. So I took the machete to the shrubbery and discover
my lovely new book placed inside a plastic bag so the cardboard and its contents didn't go soggy! The Royal Mail, on the other hand have invited me to go and collect something. It's either the A level course materials or three pumps from the nice lady at Ecover!

Anyway, the book looks fab
Smile (of course, whether I'll feel like that when I'm having to learn it..... ).


My sort of house guest Cheers


1 comment:

Gymfreak said...

I think they plan it- they hide round the corner, watch u go out and THEN deliver things.

crisis sounds v good- u make me feel v guilty. or is that inspired....Must get off my arse and make myself useful to some1....