The social was good. We ended up with more people than had threatened to show, so it was most enjoyable. Miniwomble was very co-operative and didn't show up until nearly lunchtime Saturday. Mega was out on another scout hike somewhere (hmmm hope my sleeping bag didn't get wet). We got out and up the High St eventually and pretty much had a girly day. I was practising sleeping by the time Mega showed, as there was a crack-of-dawn outing to a half marathon on Sunday morning. So the miniwombles stayed over and I abandoned them to get their own breakfast. What sort of a mother is that?
The half marathon was ok, although I had to dive back into the club house after the first loop of 2-and-a-bit miles :o( The second and third loops are bigger with unduls. This race is like childbirth, I tend to forget how horrible it can be! Fortunately, I've done this race more times than I've had children and not the other way round. I survived and probably did pretty much the same pace as for Watford three weeks ago. After the race, I bumped into a forumite and discovered that she'd been to a concert on Saturday night that I was going to on Sunday!
The concert was at Wembley arena. So, having been on the Jubilee Line out to Stratford in the wee small hours, I was back there again travelling in the opposite direction in the evening. I only missed out the four stations at the Stanmore end from the whole line! The gig was good, not been to one for a while. I knew a lot of the songs, mostly because I have their first cd. The audience seemed to contain quite a few people who knew plenty of the lyrics, lots of pretty lighting and tinsel fluttering down and it was a good show. I didn't think much of the support group at all. Rather too samey with repetitive lyrics.
Today, Monday, I was up early and back on the Jubilee Line again. It was the second annual REPs convention alongside the final day of Fitness Forum Expo. One truly inspirational speaker, Jamie Edwards, from trainedbrain. About how you can think differently, learn new ways, the psychology of success. Really good. Made you scrutinise how you work with people. Excellent.
Tomorrow, I'm back at Crisis, lugging a sackful of mosaic tiles that I picked up from someone on freecycle. They'll be really welcomed at Crisis Skylight. The same lady also offered lots of small cans of paint, I'll be checking if those will be useful too.
It's flipping hard work, this being unemployed

No comments:
Post a Comment