Thursday, February 15, 2007

They've arrived!!!

My worms have arrived and I've settled them in to their new home. Seems I can't start feeding them on scraps etc for a week or two as they may have been traumatised on their journey. Wouldn't surprise me at all seeing as how they were lobbed over the back gate by Parcelforce (my note said leave by the back gate).






Aren't they cute? The white shredded paper was to cushion them on their travels.


This is their house. I've now put some bubblewrap over the top so they don't get too cold. When there's lots and lots of them there will be another layer of house.

11 comments:

b-z said...

so

ok
scuse my ignorance

but what will they DO when they start doing their thing

womble said...

They will turn my kitchen scraps into compost, in a smaller, more discreet way, and possibly faster way, than a compost heap.

And they will add to my pet count :D

b-z said...

and then what wiill you do with the compost

womble said...

I have a garden which is mostly paved but there is one flowerbed down the side and there are also plants in pots that would welcome some tlc. The soil in the garden is horrible clay.

beanz said...

so what are their names then??

womble said...

We haven't decided yet, but had an hilarious conversation with miniwombles about weighing the worms individually each week to see if they were getting bigger. Kind of like anti-Weightwatchers for Worms.

Anonymous said...

When I was little, we used to have this man who lived over the road and he used to tell me that he ate worms in a pie.

He used to scare me.

FF.

Cath Delaney said...

Please can I ask, when are you going to replace the wrigglies on the top post with another one..? Ta!

womble said...

Of course you can ask :o)

XFR Bear said...

So when?

C'mon Wumbly, let's have some wormnews!

Which one is getting evicted from the Big Wormther House??

XFR Bear said...

So when?

C'mon Wumbly, let's have some wormnews!

Which one is getting evicted from the Big Wormther House??