Finally, finally got on to a case on jury service today. I say 'today' when actually, the case probably started around 3pm and we finished at 4pm. That included the judge explaining various things to us and two or three breaks for points of law. The sad thing is that on hearing the charge my immediate feeling was one of 'Oh what a waste of time and money'. I don't know if the accused is guilty or not. I haven't heard all the evidence. But, in the first break we had to take, it was obvious that I was not the only juror thinking the way I did.
On a completely unrelated subject, but linked in a way, I took the garmin with me to measure the walk between home and the Crown Court. The answer is 2.09 miles, so that's 4.18 miles a day. Not bad as a bit of extra exercise, I suppose. Now why can't I claim for walking when I can for cycling? I must be wearing out my shoes in the same way I would wear out my bicycle? Trouble is, the hand still precludes the cycling option, although it is definitely on the mend. Swelling was down hugely yesterday morning. Trouble is now I can see more of what's going on and it makes me think that perhaps, possibly, even now, I should still go and get it x-rayed. Please be quiet with the "told you so"s. Fingers are still swollen though, so no chance of getting ring back on.
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
[mutters under breathe]
Off you go then ... report back with the findings!
Hmmmm, anyone know when it's quiet at A&E?
morning 8ish is quiet in our A&E - cleared the drunks and the day peeps are not there yet!
sort it!
x
Come on down next weekend. MrsW can x-ray your hand and probably tell you the damage better than the Doc.
I'm thinking that hand should be xrayed now. A week with still alot of swelling is alot.
xx
Get it done, furry pal :o)
I've got a hacksaw :o)
Post a Comment