Tuesday, May 02, 2006

What have I been doing?

Friday: was spent in court. Wow. The whole day, well, from about 10.20 to 16.00 with an hour for lunch. Didn't go to Social but stayed in with a girly friend for chat instead. Mind you, didn't escape the social completely, having offered to put someone up for the night. This person then didn't check train times and finally arrived at ~03.30.

Saturday: collected miniwombles. Friend helped Megawomble with bike techy stuff. Miniwomble was making most of Day 1 aches and pains (yes, girls you know what I mean, her first ever Day 1), curling up on sofa (her bedroom occupied by slumbering friend til lunchtime!). Went to football in afternoon with friend. Was good, he'd not been for a while and I hadn't been since a pre-season friendly with Leon! The Real Wombling side won confirming their place in the play-offs. Then, after feeding everyone, they all went off to their respective homes - miniwombles to theirs and friend back to Reading. On my own again. This house seems to swing from calm to madness with not much in-between!

Sunday: mad head day. Went for a run. Just 10.9 miles. And was quite brisk for recent times (09.28m/m). Just kept going, don't know what happened. Perhaps I was exorcising the demons of the course as it was the same run Leon and I did where I fell over. Zillions of cyclists in Richmond Park. They're starting to bug me. Leon got home late and tired, poor thing, although after an enjoyable weekend with children at the Cavern.

Monday: don't know what happened to most of the day. I really had intended to go out for a 'proper' run before the snail run in the evening. Just never quite managed to get there. Phone rang a couple of times. Chatted to a few folk on msn. Bit of cooking and cleaning domesticity broke out! Ran up to club in the evening. It seemed that lots of people had decided that 'every Monday' didn't include Bank Holidays, so there were 8 of us and we all ran together. Was a good group. Ran home again bringing total for the evening to 7.46m. Leon had been at work and was completely shattered when he got back. He might, just possibly, have admitted that the M and a frantic weekend had taken their toll!

Tuesday: back to jury service. The judge summed up, told us about points of law etc. Then we went to deliberate. All day. Popped back to court about 15.00 to say we hadn't made our mind up. Finally left about 16.30. Back tomorrow morning, when I hope that after reviewing something we will reach a decision. And I didn't run!!!! Walked to court and back of course!

The rest of the week? Hopefully, we shall reach our decision tomorrow on the case and then be released for the rest of the week and I shall be able to go and earn some money. Please. Club night run will involve not doing the monthly 3 mile handicap race.

Oh, I entered a 10k "But you HATE 10k......". It's the Epsom 10k on 21 May if anyone else wants to come along. This Sunday brings the fab Hogsmill 5.

Ah yes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, cyclists beginning to bug you, eh...? ;o)