Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bli-ddy hell!!!!

Finally finished jury service, lunchtime yesterday (not guilty). Then Leon collected me and we had a lovely, aimless (oops!) wander around Richmond Park. Sat under the trees and watched the world go by. That was in between a couple of mugs of coffee and trying to work out why parrots are so flipping noisy! Saw a few green woodpeckers and heard some others, pecking away. I've only ever seen one or two on a single outing but we must have seen half a dozen or more.

Then it was off to club. Again, not many folk about. Some did the handicap but a group remained that wanted to go running instead. All of them faster than me. They promised to look after me. Hmmmmm. First three miles: 8.33, 8.19 and 8.58. This was in a 9 mile run. Was a new, untested route which was really nice. Out into 'countryside', yes, even close to Surbiton! My hr was so high, and there were hills involved that I had to walk up curbs! Otherwise I might just have exploded. I was very pleased though, with how I managed. Average pace was 3 seconds slower than my run on Sunday, but it was a damn sight hillier and I did some walking which I don't normally do. When we got home, I said 'Yes, much as it was really hard work for me (holding everyone else up), that's what I need to do'. Then tucked into my chips.

Today, finally got back to work. Aaarrghhh. I left thinking I'd started to get to grips with the new job and all. Today it was about re-learning the priorities. Funny how things change. And Rob, if you're reading, I didn't get to the end of the e-mails! I've got my first 'industry' meetings next week, so back to see more of the old faces again. They're still nice people, which is good.

4 comments:

Cath Delaney said...

Oh, I see you're doing some serious training. Can't be having that can we. Looks like I have some catching up to do.

:o)

Glad the jury service is out of the way though.

RobW said...

What you didn't do CTRL-A then the big delete button!!!!

womble said...

No, Rob. But just as I was getting into the swing of it all, you know lots of windows open, this lass comes up and asks me to shut down my pc so she can fiddle with it. Bliddy IT.......

b-z said...

Enjoy Hogsmill