Thursday, May 18, 2006

This week I've been running.....


Sunday, was Richmond Park with good running friend. Lovely run and we did it faster than previous week with our chaperone!

Monday was club and Miniwomble came along for the second week in a row. I don't know if there was more pollen about or what, but her exercise-induced asthma seemed to kick in very quickly. I gave her a training plan, so we'll see if she does it before next Monday!

Tuesday I ran home from work. The famous 'two tits' course - you have to see the elevation profile. Needless to say, the hills are in the second half. Was pleased as it felt quite comfortable and I dealt with the hills without too much trouble.

Thursday I ran home from work. The difference in distance to Tuesday is because on the first run, the garmin kept cutting in and out at the beginning. I thought it was due to the tall buildings. However, I now think it might have been more to do with the amount of cloud as it was ok today (well, it only boinged out once or twice). Had expected to be tired and slower because of Tuesday but no! Went a bit faster and that was into a nasty headwind. I've got so much grit, bits of tree and insects in my eyes. Yuck. So, it was a good run again.

Epsom 10k on Sunday, so I should taper I suppose
Lol

EDIT for Beary: the elevation of the run home. Beginning is very erratic due to the tall buildings, I believe. Also, am actually uphill from the river although not sure that it's that high! The first hill, from about 7 miles is Putney Hill - all the way up from the river to Tibbetts Corner on the A3. The second hill is from Robin Hood Gate (into Richmond Park) along Kingston Vale and Kingston Hill.


6 comments:

beanz said...

runing home from work always seems like a good idea






except when work is either 150 miles from home or zero!

beanz said...

runing???






seeing what the future holds might be good (or not)

XFR Bear said...

piccie of the profile please Wumble?

Cath Delaney said...

Err, this is a running blog now..?

:-D

womble said...

Errrr NOPE. When there's anything else to write then might put that down!!!!

Cath Delaney said...

Um, just kidding!

:-D

Keep on keeping on!

:o)