Decided to try and type 'properly' so please ignore any swear words that sneak in. Hand is still jaundice-yellow but today it almost looks a normal shape, the swelling has really subsided a lot overnight. This typing malarkey is highlighting where the hurt is though.... in my hand!
Been for a couple of runs, yesterday and Sunday, and did about 6 miles walking yesterday too.
Got a certificate on Sunday.

It doesn't mention the eight loo stops for some reason, perhaps they should include footnotes.
Yesterday, walked to Kingston Crown Court and back for first day of jury service, about 3.5-4 miles in total. In evening, walked up to club (1.42 miles each way) and did 3.8 miles in the snail group. Off again now to see if I get on a case today.
Edit
Didn't get to do any jurying, so back again for more hanging about at 10.15 tomorrow.
Thanks for comments on FLM. It did go much better than I had expected. The training had been fairly virtual:
January 54 miles
February 32 miles
March 60 miles (woohoo)
April 34 miles (excluding the 'walk' last week and the FLM itself)
A grand total of 180 miles/11.25 miles per week. Do you think I should suggest it to RW as a new schedule?
My 'plan' was to go with the 11m/m pacers to keep me slow at the beginning in the hope that I could then keep up with them in the later stages. However, I drifted ahead of them after a couple of miles. Then I kept plodding along thinking "This won't last, I'll blow up soon enough". The guts took over, I didn't have time to worry about my hand. Saw various forum and club people along the way which was great - Nicko and Murf marshalling; the gang at mile 17; club banner at Cutty Sark and the same crew just after mile 17 again; more club people in the later stages especially along The Highway (the two-way bit). Fantastic weather really helped me as I'm rubbish when it's warm. I eventually caught-back (if that's the opposite to caught-up) with the 11m/m pacers after one of my loo stops. As I approached the final few miles I decided I really did want to come in under 5h on the chip, so a couple of my fastest miles appeared really late on! Hey ho. Must do some training for Abingdon......
To explain the garmin stats..... I had left autopause on, so whenever I stopped for a comfort break, it stopped timing. The 4h30m running time is slightly enhanced because I think it stopped completely in the Blackfriars tunnel. So add on about 5 minutes or so for that (included my last loo stop too).
Then, of course, when I got to the reception at Crisis, I found the text message of the now famous 3.16.44 :o)

7 comments:
where's the certificate come from?
why haven't I got one of those?
:-O
You have Bear....
You just gotta find it
:o)
goody bag??
Wow - that would be quick?
fab
just fab
sniffle
well done - mad but well done
x
I have been reading all the marathon blogs and have been inspired by every one of them.
Well done. To do that with injury, set backs and minimal training is really great.
another star!
Well done! I was really worried about you and that hand in the crowds
glad you made it home in 1 piece!
Post a Comment